Telefónica Innovación Digital, S.L.U., as the owner of the metaverseday.telefonica.com website, informs you that the companies of the Telefónica Group promise to respect the privacy, secrecy and security of their users’ personal data, in accordance to the established Regulation (UE) 2016/679, General Data Protection Regulations.
We will not process your data in an unexpected, obscure or abusive way.
When we collect your personal data through our website you will be conveniently informed about: who processes your data, what is the purpose of the processing, what is the legitimacy of the processing, the possibility of exercising your rights and other information of interest. In addition, your data will be canceled according to the defined retention policy about which you will be informed and, in any case, when you request it by exercising the right of cancellation.
We will collect your consent whenever necessary and we will put at your disposal the necessary tools so that you can access and update your personal information, as well as decide how to manage your data, selecting the purposes for which we are going to process them.
We care about ensuring the security, secrecy and confidentiality of your data. Therefore, as part of our commitment and in compliance with current legislation, we have adopted the most demanding and robust security measures and technical means to prevent their loss, misuse or access without your authorization, committing ourselves to keep them secret and guaranteeing the duty to keep them by adopting all the necessary and reasonable measures to avoid their alteration, loss and processing or unauthorized access, in accordance with the provisions of the applicable legislation.
1. Who is the data controller?
The company that processes your data as data controller is:
- Company name: Telefónica Innovación Digital, S.L.U. (hereinafter, "Telefónica Innovación Digital" or "we").
- Tax ID: B83188953*
- Registered office: Distrito Telefónica, Ronda de la Comunicación, S/N, 28050 Madrid.
- Contact Data Protection Officer: DPO_telefonicasa@telefonica.com
2. What data do we process about you?
The basic, identifying and contact data that you provide us when you voluntarily complete the forms on the website, such as your name and surname, e-mail, company or position, or that we have been able to obtain in the course of the commercial relations that you or the company you represent has with the Telefónica Group.
3. How do we obtain and where does your data come from?
Directly from you by voluntarily completing the forms on the website, as well as, automatically during your use and browsing the web using cookies and similar devices and, where appropriate, from the company you represent as a contact person, if it maintains commercial relations with the Telefónica Group.
4. What and why do we use your data?
Telefónica Innovación Digital processes your data for the following purposes:
- Management of this website: based on our legitimate interest, as the owner of the website, in guaranteeing the availability and security of the same for all internet users who visit it, in accordance with the relevant legal and usage notices, we process your data in order to keep active and technically manage this web visited by the user, protect it against security incidents and malicious attacks that may suffer and, in general, enable free and continuous access to it by all Internet users. You can find more information about the scope of this purpose in the Cookies Policy applicable to the web.
- Management of requests, proposals or questions received: based on the consent you give us when, voluntarily, you contact us through our contact mailbox or any other means of contact that we enable, including social networks, we will process the data you provide us with to deal with and manage the request you make to us, responding to your query, sending you the information you request and that we are able to provide you with, or dealing with, as appropriate, any other relevant matter for which you have contacted us.
- Sending newsletters and other communications about our products and services: in the event that you expressly request and consent to this through the corresponding subscription form to our newsletter, or because you have requested specific information or consulted us about our products and services, we will send you our newsletters with the corresponding frequency or we will communicate with you through the e-mail address you have provided us with in order to send you information about our products and services. Likewise, in the event that you have contracted any of our products and services, we may also send you communications about products and services similar to those contracted, on the basis of our legitimate interest in maintaining commercial contact and disseminating our products and services.
- Sending and managing non-aggregated opinion surveys about products and services: we may use the email address you provide us to invite you to carry out non-aggregated opinion surveys about the products and services that we have shown at the event or about the products and services in which you may have an interest present or future. The survey will be voluntary, and we will process the answers you send us based on the consent you give us when participating, in order to know this opinion and, on it, initiate the business actions that we consider appropriate.
5. How long do we keep your data?
We will process your data as long as they are necessary for the purposes described or as long as you do not withdraw the consent granted or do not indicate that you object to the processing with the indicated purposes. In addition, we inform you that we facilitate, in a simple way, the management of the cancellation of our communications.
6. Who has access to your data?
Only Telefónica Innovación Digital accesses your data and those subcontractors acting on our behalf and in our name, as data processors (e.g., web hosting and maintenance service providers, providers for sending communications to mailing lists, etc.) contractually subject to our instructions, only for the lawful purposes informed and for the period of time strictly necessary for it.
In the event that we are going to share your information with third parties as controllers (e.g., sponsors of events or other companies of the Group to which we belong that will process your data for their own purposes other than those informed) we will inform you properly and, if necessary, we will collect the necessary authorizations to do so.
7. What are your rights and how can you control your data?
As applicable, you can exercise the following data protection rights against Telefónica Innovación Digital:
- Right of access: right to request the detail of the data we have about you and how we process them, as well as obtaining a copy of them.
- Right to rectification: right to obtain the rectification of your inaccurate or erroneous data, as well as to complete those others that are incomplete.
- Right to erasure: right to request the deletion or deletion of your data and information in certain circumstances. However, please note that there are certain occasions when we are legally entitled to continue to retain and process your data (e.g., for compliance with a legal data retention obligation).
- Right to restriction of the processing: right to restrict or limit the processing of your data in certain circumstances (e.g., if the deletion of data applies but, instead of deleting it, you prefer that we block it and process it only for the purposes of its conservation since you will need them later to file a claim). Again, please note that there may be times when we are legally entitled to refuse your request for limitation.
- Right to object: right to object to us processing your data for a specific purpose, in certain circumstances provided for in the regulations and related to your personal situation. In some cases, we provide you with simple options to object directly through the web, app or e-mail (e.g., opposition to receiving commercial communications sent) and in other cases you must contact us through the e-mail so that our privacy team can evaluate your request in more detail.
- Right of data portability: right to receive your data in a commonly used format that allows you to carry them to another company, as well as, where appropriate, to request the direct transmission of the same to that other company when technically possible. Remember that the right to data portability is different from the right to the portability of your phone number.
- Right not to be subject to automated decisions: right to object to being the subject of a decision based solely on automated data processing (without human intervention), including profiling, which produces legal effects on you or affects you in a significant way.
- Right to withdraw consent at any time: right to withdraw your consent at any time to the processing of your data for a specific purpose, when it is based on said legitimizing basis.
In general, you can exercise these rights (at any time and free of charge) through firstname.lastname@example.org
Finally, in case you do not agree on the way we process your data you will have the right to lodge a complaint with the national control authority, by contacting the Spanish Agency for Data Protection, whose contact details are the following:
Agencia Española de Protección de Datos
C/ Jorge Juan, 6 – 28001 Madrid
In advance, and for any doubt, complaint or claim about the processing of your data by Telefónica Innovación Digital, you can contact our Data Protection Officer by writing to DPO_telefonicasa@telefonica.com.
8. How do we protect your data?
Telefónica Innovación Digital guarantees the security, secrecy and confidentiality of your data, communications and personal information by adopting the most demanding and robust security measures and putting at your disposal tools and functionalities that allow you to control them.